This website and without limitation all ideas, designs, programs, reports, documents etc. contained herein are subject to copyright and are the property of the Brimbank City Council, and/or the identified contributors engaged by the Brimbank City Council.
Apart from fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under copyright legislation, no part of this website may be reproduced, published or adapted in whole or in part for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
When you access the information contained in the website, you agree to retrieve, download or print out for your personal use only, and cannot modify or copy this information without written permission from the Brimbank City Council.
The content of the YouShare website is provided primarily for information purposes only. Brimbank City Council reserves the right to make changes and improvements to the site. Any information contained on the site is subject to change without notice.
Brimbank City Council make no representations about the content and suitability of the information presented online for any purpose. Specifically Brimbank City Council does not warrant, guarantee or make any representations regarding the correctness, accuracy, translation, reliability, currency or any other aspect regarding characteristics or use of the information presented on the web site.
Brimbank City Council, its employees, agents, consultants and representatives do not accept any responsibility whatsoever, including responsibility for negligence, physical damage, personal injury, economic loss, costs or expenses of any kind, or any other loss or damage suffered or incurred by anyone as a direct or indirect consequence of errors in or omissions from the site, or related action or inaction taken in reliance upon the contents of the site.
On occasions YouSharelinks our site to other sites on the web. You should be aware that third party sites are not under the control of the Brimbank City Council. Therefore, Council is not responsible for what appears on other sites and makes no representation concerning the content of these sites. Brimbank City Council does not recommend the products or services from other sites, merely providing you with a convenient link.
If you suffer damages or any other associated losses etc. from visiting another site or using another's product or service, the Brimbank City Council is not liable.
2. YouShare collects personal information from a variety of sources, including information from members of the public and business partners. The personal information YouShare collects includes (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details, age and gender. YouShare obtains most personal information through the YouShare registration processes of individuals and their organization. YouShare stores all personal information that we collect. YouShare may use a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a 'User ID'. Cookies do not contain information by which YouShare can identify you. They identify your computer to our servers. You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies. To disable your cookies, please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser. YouShare endeavours to collect personal information about an individual only from that individual. In some circumstances YouShare may obtain personal information from a third party.
3. YouShare may use information it collects from you for the primary purpose for which it is collected and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the purpose of the collection. YouShare generally uses personal information to:
4. In most cases where YouShare asks you to provide information about yourself, if you do not provide us with that information, we will not be able to provide you with the requested product or services.
5. YouShare may provide your information to:
6. If YouShare sells its business, personal information may be part of the assets transferred to the purchaser.
7. "Sensitive Information" means information relating to a person's racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion, membership of a trade union or professional or trade association, sexual preferences, criminal record and health. YouShare will only use and disclose Sensitive Information for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose or as allowed by law unless you have agreed otherwise.
8. YouShare uses its best endeavours to protect the personal information it collects from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by various means including firewalls, pass word access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
9. YouShare endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can update your registration information via the website. Otherwise, please contact YouShare. Where personal information is no longer required by YouShare, it will be destroyed or de-identified. You have the right to seek access to the personal information held about you and to advise YouShare of any inaccuracy. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Privacy Act. If you make an access request, YouShare will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. YouShare may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request. For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website www.privacy.gov.au.